Are you ready to be part of something new and exciting? Find a rewarding job and build a satisfying career—starting right here. Next Day Blinds, the Baltimore-Washington metro area's leading manufacturer and retailer of custom window coverings, is seeking for the best in the industry to join our team. We offer much more than just an end to your job search. We provide thorough training as well as ongoing opportunities to develop your skills and expand your potential.
Next Day Blinds is looking for an Accounting Clerk that will be responsible for collecting payments, generating invoices, and reconciling payments within a work order. Attend on customers by verifying transaction information, computing charges and refunds, preparing and mailing invoices and collection letters, identifying delinquent accounts and insufficient payments. Help with install paperwork, filing and scanning. Daily processing of Store and SAH Deposits and daily invoicing. Assist in daily processing of installation paperwork’s and collections. Monitor service and rescheduled issues. Maintenance of Sales Tax Exempt Certificates.
· Collect payment of invoices due by sending bill reminders and contacting customers.
· Monitor customer account details for non-payments, delayed payments and other irregularities.
· Generate and send out invoices on a daily basis.
· Support accounting administrative duties such as filing, data entry, etc.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Initiate collections on past-due customer work orders and or PO accounts.
· Research and resolve payment discrepancies.
· Post customer payments by recording cash, checks, and credit card transactions and entering them into POS
· Process/reconcile daily deposits
· Grasp an understanding of processing install paperwork
NDB COMPETENCIES BY POSITION:
· Strong communication skills
· Interacts with people effectively
· Sets and maintains high performance standards
· Attention to detail and accuracy
· Proven accounting experience in accounts receivable
· Completes work in a timely and consistent manner
· Bachelor's /Associate degree in Accounting or related field
· 2+ years' experience in AR can substitute for education requirement
SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE/SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
· Well versed in customer service and negotiation skills
· Data entry skills along with a knack for numbers
· Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
· Ability to create and edit excel spreadsheets
· Ability to multi-task, prioritize and work efficiently
· Flexibility to adapt to all situations
Next Day Blinds is the leading provider of premium-quality window coverings in the Washington - Baltimore area. Established in 1993, the company brought unheard-of speed and uncompromising customer service to the world of window coverings. Next Day Blinds offers a wide range of Great Windows brand blinds, shades and shutters, each one made to order in the company's state-of-the-art factory in Jessup, Maryland. All Next Day Blinds window coverings are fully custom, meaning they are individually crafted to the exact size measured, using premium-quality materials, and constructed for optimum appearance, performance and durability. Since the company is vertically integrated with manufacturing, sales, installation and service all in-house, the entire process can be completed faster than anyone else in the market.
Benefits: At Next Day Blinds, we understand that our employees work hard so we offer a generous benefits package as well as ongoing opportunities to develop your skills and expand your potential.
Medical and dental insurance.
401(k) retirement plan with discretionary match.
Flexible Spending Plans.
Paid Time Off (PTO)