Next Day Blinds is searching for a Vice President of Manufacturing Operations to serve as its senior manufacturing executive, reporting to the President. The VP of Manufacturing Operations will oversee overall manufacturing for the company. This position is responsible for formulating manufacturing, quality assurance and continuous improvement programs that guide the organization in maintaining and improving its competitive position and the profitability of the operation. The VP of Manufacturing Operations is responsible for timely delivery and quality of products which meet and exceed expectations of the customer. Our ideal candidate must be business-minded with a passion for working in a collaborative environment.
The Vice President of Manufacturing’s core responsibilities will be:
· To manage, develop and scale the manufacturing team.
· Spearhead the development, communication and implementation of effective growth strategies, manufacturing and inventory scalability and distribution processes.
· To be an effective Leadership Team member
· To oversee all manufacturing functions
· Continually investigate and introduce process improvement measures
· Determine, encourage and develop internal efficiencies
· Drive the production facility to operational efficiencies and execution on targets.
· Ensure timely execution of product launches.
· Manage and drive vendor negotiations to ensure product relevance and cost-efficiency.
· Proven ability to balance business results with the core values of Communication, Customer Centricity and Floor Sweeping (no ego and no job is beneath them).
· Leadership experience with the ability to properly influence people, processes and technology in a manner that enriches company culture.
· A customer-centric mindset of driving value for the customer
· Desire to be an integral part of a driven leadership team
· Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree preferred.
· Custom Home Furnishing manufacturing a plus.
· 10+ years manufacturing experience with proven performance (revenue and or cost savings) contributions.
· In-depth knowledge and experience in the areas of process automation, material flow, manufacturing cost reduction, quality improvement programs and inventory management.
· Solid knowledge of Six Sigma and/or Lean Manufacturing methodology
At Next Day Blinds (NDB), you will become an integral and respected part of the team. Our employees are partners in NDB’s continued success and are offered great opportunities in a dynamic work environment where engaging, responsible employees work together to grow the business by providing customized products, impeccable quality, and superior service. We provide a competitive benefits package which includes health, dental, vision, flexible spending account, EAP, vacation leave, paid holidays, 401(k) including company match, education/tuition assistance, life insurance, and disability insurance.
We understand that the success of our employees and our company go hand in hand. That’s why we offer you The NDB Experience, which is anchored in four key elements—Company Strength, Collaborative Culture, Growth and Rewards, and Ethical Leadership.
Next Day Blinds is the leading provider of premium-quality window coverings in the Washington - Baltimore area. Established in 1993, the company brought unheard-of speed and uncompromising customer service to the world of window coverings. Next Day Blinds offers a wide range of Great Windows brand blinds, shades and shutters, each one made to order in the company's state-of-the-art factory in Jessup, Maryland. All Next Day Blinds window coverings are fully custom, meaning they are individually crafted to the exact size measured, using premium-quality materials, and constructed for optimum appearance, performance and durability. Since the company is vertically integrated with manufacturing, sales, installation and service all in-house, the entire process can be completed faster than anyone else in the market.