Next Day Blinds is searching for a Human Resources Generalist to serve as a business partner, reporting to the Vice President of Human Resources. The human resources generalist performs duties at the professional level in the following functional areas: employee relations, training, new hire onboarding, employment law compliance, human resources information systems (formal and informal), benefits administration, and payroll functions. Our ideal candidate will be an extremely perceptive person who is capable of relating to individuals at all levels within the organization with a passion for working in a collaborative environment.
· Administer general employment life cycle activities including HRIS administration, new hire onboarding, terminations, leave management, and payroll changes.
· Ensure consistent implementation of HR programs and company-wide policies, procedures and guidelines.
· Maintain HR information and manage relevant employee processes in the HRIS system, ensuring information is entered timely and accurately.
· Provide human resources advice and consultation to employees and management, to include coaching and counseling on performance management issues, conflict management, interpretation of employment policies and resolution.
· Participates in developing department goals, objectives and systems.
· Manages the implementation of human resources strategic projects.
· Ensure compliance with USCIS Form I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification; updates in E-Verify; periodically audits Forms I-9.
· Prepare and administer FMLA, ADA, Workman’s Comp, and leave of absence correspondence and forms along with other actions in accordance with federal or state law.
· Write and create employee communications, announcements and flyers marketing various HR programs and initiatives which are key to the attraction and retention of employees.
· Serves as the main HR contact for social activities and company community involvement activities.
· Conduct new-employee orientations to ensure employees gain an understanding of NDB culture, history, benefits plans and enrollment provisions.
· Write, maintain, and support a variety of reports or queries using appropriate reporting tools. Assist in development of standard reports for ongoing customer needs. Help maintain data integrity in systems by running queries and analyzing data.
· Recommend process/customer service improvements, innovative solutions, policy changes and/or major variations from established policy
· Proven ability to balance business results with the core values of Communication, Customer Centricity and Floor Sweeping (no ego and no job is beneath them)
· At least 3-5 years of progressively responsible human resources experience that includes responsibility for administering human resources policies and programs
· Bachelor’s Degree in human resources or equivalent combination of education and experience
· Ability to work collaboratively with others and sustain positive relationships at all levels of the organization, operating with tact and diplomacy
· Excellent written and verbal communications skills
· Excellent time management and organizational skills in managing through multiple priorities and ability to meet deadlines
· Strong customer service orientation
· Strong knowledge of employment law
· Possesses strong work ethic; self-motivated with a desire to look for ways to improve processes and create efficiencies with attention to detail
· Strong proficiency in the full Microsoft Office suite
· 2-3 years’ experience with ADP Workforce Now, ADP Enterprise eTime a plus.
· Strong project management skills
· The ability to identify and evaluate problem areas and implement effective solutions.
· Ability to quickly assess and analyze existing systems and make recommendations for cost effective and productive improvements.
· Ability to effectively communicate across, up and down to
· System Implementation experience is a plus
· Ability to speak multiple languages is a plus
At Next Day Blinds (NDB), you will become an integral and respected part of the team. Our employees are partners in NDB’s continued success and are offered great opportunities in a dynamic work environment where engaging, responsible employees work together to grow the business by providing customized products, impeccable quality, and superior service. We provide a competitive benefits package which includes health, dental, vision, flexible spending account, EAP, vacation leave, paid holidays, 401(k) including company match, education/tuition assistance, life insurance, and disability insurance.
We understand that the success of our employees and our company go hand in hand. That’s why we offer you The NDB Experience, which is anchored in four key elements—Company Strength, Collaborative Culture, Growth and Rewards, and Ethical Leadership.