· Are you ready to be part of something new and exciting? Find a rewarding job and build a satisfying career—starting right here. Next Day Blinds, the Baltimore-Washington metro area's leading manufacturer and retailer of custom window coverings, is seeking for the best in the industry to join our team. We offer much more than just an end to your job search. We provide thorough training as well as ongoing opportunities to develop your skills and expand your potential.
Next Day Blinds is looking for a Purchasing Manager that will be responsible for effectively managing not only the purchasing of goods but negotiation of costs, payment terms, budget management, forecasting and planning, item setup and maintenance, and in-depth data analysis and insights.
· Liaison between suppliers, Manufacturing, Finance, and Customer Service - thoroughly communicate and follow-through with internal stakeholders on inventory questions, stock out and backorder issues, and invoicing/billing questions.
· Reporting and Analysis - daily/weekly/monthly reporting responsibilities plus conduct deep analysis to support business decisions surrounding margin, retail price planning, cost change impact, and bill of materials.
· Own item setup/maintenance in ERP system and other tools, ensuring all data, status and vendor info is complete and accurate
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Work with ERP system and other planning tools to identify material needs daily and prioritize tasks based on production and supplier lead times
· Submit purchase orders for raw materials and order supplies; track and report on expected invoices vs. budget
· Act as main liaison with suppliers on day-to-day basis; includes ordering, confirming shipments scheduling delivery, and pricing/invoicing issues
· Oversee inventory to minimize back orders and overstocks while maintaining inventory levels that meet company objectives
· Conduct ad-hoc analysis to build business cases to support margin opportunities and formulate tactical implementation plans to achieve
· Build scenario models to quantify the potential contribution impact of changes to our product assortment, cost and pricing
NDB COMPETENCIES BY POSITION:
· Communication proficiency
· Attention to detail
· Ability to problem solve with ambiguity
· Exhibits a high degree of accountability and sticks to deadlines
· Growth mindset with a solution-oriented focus
· A bachelor’s degree in business or a related field
· 3-5 years purchasing and analyst experience (or a combination of education and experience is required)
SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE/SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
· Financial reporting & forecasting experience with a hardlines focus
· Expert level proficiency in Microsoft Office Products (Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) and the ability to learn new software applications
· Experience working in manufacturing, particularly within a direct to consumer business
Next Day Blinds is the leading provider of premium-quality window coverings in the Washington - Baltimore area. Established in 1993, the company brought unheard-of speed and uncompromising customer service to the world of window coverings. Next Day Blinds offers a wide range of Great Windows brand blinds, shades and shutters, each one made to order in the company's state-of-the-art factory in Jessup, Maryland. All Next Day Blinds window coverings are fully custom, meaning they are individually crafted to the exact size measured, using premium-quality materials, and constructed for optimum appearance, performance and durability. Since the company is vertically integrated with manufacturing, sales, installation and service all in-house, the entire process can be completed faster than anyone else in the market.
Benefits: At Next Day Blinds, we understand that our employees work hard so we offer a generous benefits package as well as ongoing opportunities to develop your skills and expand your potential.
Medical and dental insurance.
401(k) retirement plan with discretionary match.
Flexible Spending Plans.
Paid Time Off (PTO)