Are you ready to be part of something new and exciting? Find a rewarding job and build a satisfying career—starting right here. Next Day Blinds, the Baltimore-Washington metro area's leading manufacturer and retailer of custom window coverings, is seeking for the best in the industry to join our team. We offer much more than just an end to your job search. We provide thorough training as well as ongoing opportunities to develop your skills and expand your potential.
Next Day Blinds is looking for an Accounting Manager that will be responsible for all areas relating to financial reporting, monthly account analysis, and month-end and year-end closing. The Accounting Manager supervises the Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable and Payroll, and is responsible for managing the team to ensure that work is properly allocated and completed in a timely and accurate manner. This position addresses a gathering of accounting activities including general ledger preparation, year-end review preparation and the support of budget and forecast activities. This position requires strong interpersonal communication skills both written and verbal, a high level of accountability and attention to detail, an ability to work both independently and within a team environment
· Manage Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable and Payroll Operations
· Financial Reporting and Analysis
· Assign projects and direct staff to ensure compliance and accuracy
· Expense and Refunds Management
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Provide and ensure timely reporting of all monthly financial information.
· Monitor and analyze accounting data and produce financial reports
· Reviews Accountabilities, refunds and adjustments
· Maintaining the general ledger, journal entries, account reconciliations and analysis
· Monthly bonus calculations and contribution reports
· Handles Small Claims Account - Court Cases
· Sales Tax Reporting
NDB COMPETENCIES BY POSITION:
· Strong understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
· Ability to analyze financial data and to prepare accurate reports in a timely manner
· Ability to effectively direct and supervise
· Knowledge of policies and practices associated with payroll
· Analytical Skills / Problem Solving
· Attention to detail
· Drives Results
· Develop Self and Team Member
· Customer Orientation
· Communicates Effectively
· Maximizes Team Performance
· Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance
· At least three years prior supervisory experience as Accounting Manager, Accounting Supervisor or Finance Manager
· Experience performing account analysis, reconciliations, and month-end and year-end close
· Proven knowledge of accounting principles, practices, standards, bookkeeping
· High attention to detail and accuracy
SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE/SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
· Demonstrated ability to manage and organize large amounts of data
· Advanced computer skills on MS office with emphasis on Excel, accounting software, databases, ADP or compatible payroll systems
· Must have strong mathematical and reasoning skills
· Ability to work well under pressure to meet deadlines
Next Day Blinds is the leading provider of premium-quality window coverings in the Washington - Baltimore area. Established in 1993, the company brought unheard-of speed and uncompromising customer service to the world of window coverings. Next Day Blinds offers a wide range of Great Windows brand blinds, shades and shutters, each one made to order in the company's state-of-the-art factory in Jessup, Maryland. All Next Day Blinds window coverings are fully custom, meaning they are individually crafted to the exact size measured, using premium-quality materials, and constructed for optimum appearance, performance and durability. Since the company is vertically integrated with manufacturing, sales, installation and service all in-house, the entire process can be completed faster than anyone else in the market.
Benefits: At Next Day Blinds, we understand that our employees work hard so we offer a generous benefits package as well as ongoing opportunities to develop your skills and expand your potential.
Medical and dental insurance.
401(k) retirement plan with discretionary match.
Flexible Spending Plans.
Paid Time Off (PTO)