Next Day Blinds is searching for a
passionate and talented Production Manager that is responsible for overseeing
and managing all Window Covering fabrication related activities and staff at
our Jessup manufacturing facility. The Production Manager will lead in
the timely delivery and quality of products which meet and exceed expectations
of the customer. Our ideal candidate must be business-minded with a
passion for working in a collaborative environment.
- Oversee all production activities and processes
including: logistics, assembly, waste stream, finished goods area,
production line layout and staffing, as well as allocation of equipment
and labor to achieve required quality and productivity results.
- Create and promote a positive culture by modeling Next
Day Blinds core values.
- Manage all personnel related functions for
manufacturing, including hiring, training, performance evaluations and
- Drive the production facility to operational
efficiencies and execution on targets.
- Manage the manufacturing production lines and
production administrative teams, to meet daily production schedules while
driving improvements in process and quality.
- Lead initiatives to improve operations; increase yield,
decrease scrap, reduce WIP, streamline work processes, all while
maintaining or improving product quality.
- Continually investigate and introduce process
improvement measures and presents suggestions to the VP of Manufacturing
- Develop and implement reporting of performance metrics
such as daily production, inventories, shop floor control, defects, and
scrap as well as provide solutions for improvement based on data
Our Ideal Candidate will have:
- Proven ability to balance business results with the
core values of Communication, Customer Centricity and Floor Sweeping (no
ego and no job is beneath them).
- Leadership experience with the ability to properly
influence people, processes and technology in a manner that enriches
- Strong understanding of the Next Day Blinds customer
with a passion for a customer focused approach to all decisions.
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Engineering,
Manufacturing or Management related field.
- At least 5+ years of manufacturing experience with
proven performance contributions.
- In-depth knowledge and experience in the areas of
process automation, material flow, manufacturing cost reduction, quality
improvement programs and inventory management.
- Requires knowledge of Lean Manufacturing methodology.
- Strong business acumen with the ability to grasp the
business model and strategic plans of the organization.
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and
- Ability to effectively communicate in a very diverse
environment where multiple languages are spoken.
- Deep understanding of OSHA regulations, policies and
- Must be proficient in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Custom Home Furnishings Manufacturing a plus.
Next Day Blinds is the leading
provider of premium-quality window coverings in the Washington - Baltimore
area. Established in 1993, the company brought unheard-of speed and
uncompromising customer service to the world of window coverings. Next Day
Blinds offers a wide range of Great Windows brand blinds, shades and shutters,
each one made to order in the company's state-of-the-art factory in Jessup,
Maryland. All Next Day Blinds window coverings are fully custom, meaning they
are individually crafted to the exact size measured, using premium-quality
materials, and constructed for optimum appearance, performance and durability.
Since the company is vertically integrated with manufacturing, sales,
installation and service all in-house, the entire process can be completed faster
than anyone else in the market.
Benefits: At Next Day Blinds, we understand that our employees
work hard so we offer a generous benefits package as well as ongoing
opportunities to develop your skills and expand your potential.
· Medical and dental
· 401(k) retirement plan with
· Flexible Spending Plans.
· Company paid Life
· Supplemental Insurance.
· Paid Time Off (PTO)