Business Solutions Analyst
Next Day Blinds, a Maryland based retail and manufacturing company, is seeking a Business Solutions Analyst that is highly motivated and accomplished. Next Day Blinds is working to modernize our business systems while enhancing the current systems in place. Our Business Solutions Analysts are expected to be subject matter experts in both the business processes and systems and therefore have the opportunity to gain an in-depth understanding of various business functions.
Next Day Blinds uses both custom and off the shelf software solutions providing the candidate with the opportunity to be involved with all phases of the software development life cycle on small, medium and large scale projects.
Subject Matter Expert: Become a subject matter expert across various departments and functions to understand where there are needs for solution improvements that drive the business forward and add efficiencies.
Business Analysis: Gather, understand, define and promote the most relevant ideas into system enhancements or new projects and systems to implement.
Project Management: Plan, prioritize, and manage the timeline of development, testing, training and rollout.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work with users to validate current and planned functionality and business processes.
- Work within IT to ensure project goals and requirements are met.
- Thorough testing of enhanced or added system functionality.
- Assist various project leads with ad-hoc business analysis and data entry tasks.
- Own project management activities.
- Proactively carry out project support and administrative functions.
- Recap internal and external meetings.
- Create detailed business and functional requirements documents, use cases, and test scripts.
- Write and execute effective test cases, document test results, track defects, and work with developers to resolve issues.
Specific Knowledge and Experience:
- Must have expert knowledge in both Agile and traditional project management principles and practices and the ability to blend them together if needed.
- Extensive experience in working with end users using a variety of techniques to elicit and document business requirements and turning those into user stories and acceptance criteria.
- Experience working closely in executing strategies with IT Project managers and development teams.
- Strong analytical and writing skills, including solid experience in writing functional and technical specifications.
- Strong teamwork skills in a small local setting, as well as across different geographic locations.
- Strong organization skills with an excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to focus on high quality work while under pressure.
- Able to drive short-term actions that are consistent with long-term goals.
- Effective and empathetic listener.
- Must possess good communication skills with the ability to be assertive.
- Experience executing various technologies, analyzing data and ensuring data integrity throughout the full life cycle software development from requirements gathering through design, implementation, testing, production and deployment.
- Highly responsible, self-disciplined, and self-motivated.
NDB COMPETENCIES BY POSITION:
- Understands how one’s performance can impact the success of the organization.
- Sets challenging goals for self and others.
- Presents information in a logically organized, concise manner, both in writing and verbally, within their department.
- Builds strong network of relationships within the department while serving as a collaboration role model.
- Must be confident and professional in expressing their point of view on technical topics.
- Adept at monitoring quality of work from others.
- Keeps team focused and on deadline while identifying opportunities for process efficiency and improvement without compromising team and organizational buy in.
Next Day Blinds is the leading provider of premium-quality window coverings in the Washington - Baltimore area. Established in 1993, the company brought unheard-of speed and uncompromising customer service to the world of window coverings. Next Day Blinds offers a wide range of Great Windows brand blinds, shades and shutters, each one made to order in the company's state-of-the-art factory in Jessup, Maryland. All Next Day Blinds window coverings are fully custom, meaning they are individually crafted to the exact size measured, using premium-quality materials, and constructed for optimum appearance, performance and durability. Since the company is vertically integrated with manufacturing, sales, installation and service all in-house, the entire process can be completed faster than anyone else in the market.
Benefits: At Next Day Blinds, we understand that our employees work hard so we offer a generous benefits package as well as ongoing opportunities to develop your skills and expand your potential.
- Medical and dental insurance.
- 401(k) retirement plan with discretionary match.
- Flexible Spending Plans.
- Life insurance.
- Supplemental Insurance.
- Paid Time Off (PTO)