Operator – Blinds Production 1st Shift and 2nd Shift 4-12:30 AM
Are you ready to be part of something new and exciting? Find a rewarding job and build a satisfying career—starting right here. Next Day Blinds, the Baltimore-Washington metro area's leading manufacturer and retailer of custom window coverings, is seeking for the best in the industry to join our team. We offer much more than just an end to your job search. We provide thorough training as well as ongoing opportunities to develop your skills and expand your potential.
Next Day Blinds, is looking for Operators who can work in manufacturing style assembly of blinds using hands or various tools/equipment adhering to industry leading Quality Standards and daily completion of dynamic “Next Day” production schedule. Follows English instructions, both verbal and written, indicating specified finish, dimensions, hardware components, and quality control requirements of component materials into finished products. This role will require the employee to cross train and play an integral role in a multi-functional, multi-product first shift production team.
Job Type: Full-Time
• HS Diploma or equivalent
• Ability to understand English both Written and Verbal
• Prior experience in a manufacturing/assembly environment is a plus
Key Responsibilities and Tasks:
• Manual assembly of custom blinds components according to company quality and safety standards
• Maintain a clean, safe, and organized work station
• Operate production machinery according to department and manufacturer specifications
• Any other duties as assigned by your supervisor
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Ability read a tape measure/ruler
• Able to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
• Ability to understand sketches and drawings preferred
• Basic math skills and understanding of fractions
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment
• Schedule consists of a 5-day workweek. Daily and weekend overtime as needed based on business demands
• Abundant opportunity for advancement and growth
Next Day Blinds is the leading provider of premium-quality window coverings in the Washington - Baltimore area. Established in 1993, the company brought unheard-of speed and uncompromising customer service to the world of window coverings. Next Day Blinds offers a wide range of Great Windows brand blinds, shades and shutters, each one made to order in the company's state-of-the-art factory in Jessup, Maryland. All Next Day Blinds window coverings are fully custom, meaning they are individually crafted to the exact size measured, using premium-quality materials, and constructed for optimum appearance, performance and durability. Since the company is vertically integrated with manufacturing, sales, installation and service all in-house, the entire process can be completed faster than anyone else in the market.
Benefits: At Next Day Blinds, we understand that our employees work hard so we offer a generous benefits package as well as ongoing opportunities to develop your skills and expand your potential.
• Medical and dental insurance.
• 401(k) retirement plan with discretionary match.
• Flexible Spending Plans.
• Life insurance.
• Supplemental Insurance.
• Paid Time Off (PTO)