Are you ready to be part of something new and exciting? Finda rewarding job and build a satisfying career—starting right here. Next DayBlinds, the Baltimore-Washington metro area's leading manufacturer and retailerof custom window coverings, is seeking for the best in the industry to join ourteam. We offer much more than just an end to your job search. We providethorough training as well as ongoing opportunities to develop your skills andexpand your potential.
Next Day Blinds is looking for a Quality Manager that willbe responsible for developing, implementing, and coordinating product assuranceprograms to prevent or eliminate defects in new or existing products byperforming the following duties personally or through others.
· Understand the customer needs and requirementsto develop effective quality control processes.
· Devise and review specifications for products.
· Analyzes, evaluates, and presents informationconcerning factors such as business situations, production capabilities,manufacturing problems (Quality and Type 2 Quality issues, Factory Errors) andprovides a solution or resolution to the identified problems and concerns.
· Facilitates Bi-Weekly Quality Improvementmeeting to review PIC charts for progress. Suggests and debates alternativemethods and procedures in solving problems and meeting changing marketopportunities.
· Cooperates and assists with other top managementpersonnel in formulating and establishing company policies, operatingprocedures, and goals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES& SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Manages all quality personnel below manageriallevels.
· Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring,and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraisingperformance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints andresolving problems.
NDB COMPETENCIES BYPOSITION:
· Seeks out opportunities for quality improvement
· Employs an organized approach to problem solvingand decision making
· Seeks the input of others in solicitingsolutions
· Comfortably communicates across all levels
· Analyze all procedures, inspection techniques,inspection equipment, and implement improvements that will improve departmentaleffectiveness.
· Develop, implement, and maintain a StatisticalProcess Control program that will reduce production errors in tandem with LeanManufacturing initiatives.
· Includes developing methods and procedures toensure compliance with the high expectations of our customer’s standards aswell as maintaining consistency with Company doctrine for ongoing andContinuous Improvement.
· Success will be measured in the reduction ofquality errors and improvement of productivity, safety, and cost reductionprojects.
· Monitor vendor performance and customer returns.Continual feedback to and from Vendors.
· Review/Initiate all Engineering changes andproduct releases.
· Bachelor’s degree in engineering, a relatedtechnical field, or equivalent; or five years related experience; or equivalentcombination of education and experience with a demonstrated track-record ofaccomplishments as a quality assurance manager.
· Previously held role as QE
· 6 Sigma certified (preferred)
· Lean principles
· Build cross functional relationships
· Develop and implement a quality improvementroadmap
· Previously held role of QE in a manufacturing orassembly environment
Next Day Blinds is the leading provider of premium-qualitywindow coverings in the Washington - Baltimore area. Established in 1993, thecompany brought unheard-of speed and uncompromising customer service to theworld of window coverings. Next Day Blinds offers a wide range of Great Windowsbrand blinds, shades and shutters, each one made to order in the company'sstate-of-the-art factory in Jessup, Maryland. All Next Day Blinds windowcoverings are fully custom, meaning they are individually crafted to the exactsize measured, using premium-quality materials, and constructed for optimumappearance, performance and durability. Since the company is verticallyintegrated with manufacturing, sales, installation and service all in-house,the entire process can be completed faster than anyone else in the market.
Benefits: At NextDay Blinds, we understand that our employees work hard so we offer a generousbenefits package as well as ongoing opportunities to develop your skills andexpand your potential.
Medical and dental insurance.
401(k) retirement plan with discretionary match.
Flexible Spending Plans.
Paid Time Off (PTO)
Job Type: Full-time