Are you ready to be part of something new and exciting? Find a rewarding job and build a satisfying career—starting right here. Next Day Blinds, the Baltimore-Washington metro area's leading manufacturer and retailer of custom window coverings, is seeking for the best in the industry to join our team. We offer much more than just an end to your job search. We provide thorough training as well as ongoing opportunities to develop your skills and expand your potential.
Next Day Blinds is looking for a Production Lead that will be responsible for directly overseeing employees and production of industry leading window blinds and shades. Supervise 5-25 employees handling all aspects of the operation ranging from scheduling employees, safety, training, cross training, adhering to the highest levels of quality standards and daily completion of dynamic “Next Day” production schedule.
· Hands on working in production operation in department(s) to complete daily required schedules and production quotas while maintaining high levels of quality control on finished product.
· Continuous improvement of the process within department by cross training, employee scheduling, quality at source, cell organization, material flow, data collection and communication.
· Inventories materials required to fabricate product required by production and reports needs to warehouse, striving to implement lean methodology to organize raw components, WIP components and finished goods.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Compliance to all Quality Specifications and Safety Requirements
· Responsible to meet and exceed production KPI’s as set by sales
· Responsibilities will include proficiency at multiple jobs and positions within the production environment
· Machine operation and assembly of products – hands on and side by side with employees
· Development of direct reports thru cross training, coaching, leading by example, and motivation
NDB COMPETENCIES BY POSITION:
· Sets challenging goals for self and department
· Adept at monitoring quality of work from others
· Presents information in a logically organized, concise manner, both in writing and verbally within department
· Demonstrates a willingness to continue to learn new technical skills while learning soft skills
· Committed to getting the job 100 % complete AND 100% correct the 1st time
· Driven to continuously improve performance daily
· Ability to effectively communicate with management and direct reports
· Stresses the importance of honesty and integrity
· HS Diploma or equivalent
· Advanced degree preferred
· Ability to read, write and communicate in English
· Proficiency using MS Office
SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE/SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
· 2-5+ years supervision experience
· Demonstrated ability to lead and improve production team
· Keen eye for quality details and a passion to fabricate accurately
· Ability to trouble shoot / root cause and not simply point out problems, but develop solutions
Next Day Blinds is the leading provider of premium-quality window coverings in the Washington - Baltimore area. Established in 1993, the company brought unheard-of speed and uncompromising customer service to the world of window coverings. Next Day Blinds offers a wide range of Great Windows brand blinds, shades and shutters, each one made to order in the company's state-of-the-art factory in Jessup, Maryland. All Next Day Blinds window coverings are fully custom, meaning they are individually crafted to the exact size measured, using premium-quality materials, and constructed for optimum appearance, performance and durability. Since the company is vertically integrated with manufacturing, sales, installation and service all in-house, the entire process can be completed faster than anyone else in the market.
Benefits: At Next Day Blinds, we understand that our employees work hard so we offer a generous benefits package as well as ongoing opportunities to develop your skills and expand your potential.
Medical and dental insurance.
401(k) retirement plan with discretionary match.
Flexible Spending Plans.
Paid Time Off (PTO)